Summer Exploration Programs Commence


Northern Empire Minerals Ltd. ("Northern Empire") is pleased to announce the following exploration update on its Coronation Diamond District exploration properties.

Diamondex Resources Ltd. has recently completed a detailed airborne Magnetic/EM survey totaling 8,324 line-kilometres over the Peregrine property. Processing of the geophysical data is currently underway with follow-up ground surveys to be conducted on targets identified from the airborne survey.

A budget of $1.2 million has been allocated for exploration on the Peregrine property which will also include detailed till sampling, geological mapping as well as a contingency for drilling.

The Peregrine property is located approximately 520 kilometres north of Yellowknife, NWT and adjoins immediately to the west of the Vic and Kim claims of Ashton Mining of Canada Inc. who reported encouraging diamond results from the Artemisia kimberlite pipe. The Peregrine property is composed of 51 mineral claims covering 152,469 contiguous acres. Diamondex can acquire a 70% interest in this property, with Northern Empire Minerals Ltd. holding the remaining 30%.

Detailed fixed wing aeromagnetic surveys have commenced on the Jubilee Property, and Coronation North and South Properties. The Jubilee property is a joint venture with Stornoway Ventures Ltd., Chilean Gold Ltd., Wind River Resources Ltd. and International Samuel Exploration Corp. On the Coronation North and South properties Stornoway may earn up to a 70% interest from Northern Empire Minerals Ltd. The geophysical surveys are designed to collect approximately 31,000 line kilometers of high-resolution total field and horizontal gradient magnetic data covering more than 727,000 acres of claims. Magnetic data obtained from the survey will be used for the direct detection of responses indicative of potential kimberlite pipes, as well as for analyses of structural features that may control or influence kimberlite emplacement.

Anomalies identified by both airborne surveys will be ground truthed during the summer field program. The summer program will also collect and process an estimated 2,100 till samples that will be processed for kimberlite indicator minerals.

"This years field work on Northern Empire's 1.6 million acres of Coronation properties has now commenced," said John Robins, President of Northern Empire. "Last year, approximately $5 million of expenditures in the Coronation Diamond District identified 5 new diamond bearing kimberlites. This year over $20 million will be collectively spent on exploration by more than ten companies, including $5 million on properties in which Northern Empire has an interest. This four fold increase in exploration expenditures in the district has the potential to result in a significant increase in the number of discoveries made over last year."

On behalf of the Board,


"John E. Robins"                                   

John Robins, P. Geo.
The TSX Venture Exchange has not reviewed and does not accept responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this news release.